by Lyndsie Robinson
At Home Highlighting is a serious money saver. I’m a fan of highlights, especially since I embarked on a journey to grow out my hair to get rid of all the dye. The problem there is roots, of course, as my natural color reveals itself. Highlights are a way to take care of that problem without dyeing my whole head. I prefer at home highlighting kits because I just can’t justify spending that much money at the salon. Between the Better Half, my mom, and myself, there are three people who have gotten really adept at the whole DIY highlighting thing, so I’m set! If you’re interested in doing it yourself as well, here are several at home highlighting kits I’ve tried and loved!
1. L’OREAL COLOR EXPERTE EXPRESS EASY 2-IN-1 COLOR + HIGHLIGHTS
2. CLAIROL NICE ‘N EASY HAIRPAINTING
3. TINTS OF NATURE CONDITIONING PERMANENT HIGHLIGHTS
4. L’OREAL FERIA MULTI-FACETED SHIMMERING COLOR 3X HIGHLIGHTS
5. L’OREAL TOUCH-ON HIGHLIGHTS
6. REVLON FROST & GLOW HIGHLIGHTING KIT
7. L’OREAL COLOR RAYS BRUSH-ON HIGHLIGHTS
Finally, you can also find at home highlighting kits for bolder colors! I used to use this all the time when I wanted some really daring red streaks. There are all kinds of colors, and my only beef is that the highlights don’t last very long. But then, in my experience, you rarely want red, fuschia, or purple streaks for longer than six months or so, you know?